Mozilla Thunderbird

error75

Baseband Member
Can I use my Gmail and yahoo account with mozilla thunderbird, if so how do I set it up to send and receive my e-mail.
Do you recommend this program?

Go into Gmail (Web-based) then click on settings>Pop/Forwarding>Enable pop for all mail (even mail that has already been downloaded.)

Next. Go to Thunderbird click account settings under tools add account, then type in:

Follow the set up guide:

Incoming Server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing:SMPT: gmail.com (If asked).

Check the box next to 'Use secure connection (SSL),' and ensure that '995' appears in the 'Port:' field.

If you wish to leave a copy off the mail on the server check Leave message on server in Server settings.

Remember SSL needs to be ticked on port 995.

And you can set a time for your account to be checked.

Yahoo can be a bit more complecated Well all i need to know is the end prefix of your yahoo address ...........@yahoo.???

Hope this Helps

Dont use mozilla thunderbird. i know that everyone says dont use outlook express, but i prefer is over thunderbird.

Computer Genius said:
Go into Gmail (Web-based) then click on settings>Pop/Forwarding>Enable pop for all mail (even mail that has already been downloaded.)

Next. Go to Thunderbird click account settings under tools add account, then type in:

Follow the set up guide:

Incoming Server: pop.gmail.com
Outgoing:SMPT: gmail.com (If asked).

Check the box next to 'Use secure connection (SSL),' and ensure that '995' appears in the 'Port:' field.

If you wish to leave a copy off the mail on the server check Leave message on server in Server settings.

Remember SSL needs to be ticked on port 995.

And you can set a time for your account to be checked.

Yahoo can be a bit more complecated Well all i need to know is the end prefix of your yahoo address ...........@yahoo.???

Hope this Helps

I set it up just fine and I appreciate your help, but I've got another question. I want to set a master password and it says to:

1 Open the Edit menu and choose Preferences.
2 Click the Privacy and Security category. If no subcategories are visible, click to expand the list, then click the name for the preferences you want to view or change.

What edit menu are they talking about? Every edit menu I check doesn't have a preference menu.

Computer Genius said:
Sorry, i have looked and i have spoken to someone else and we can't find it!

Actually I found it now. Just got to mozilla options --> privacy --> saved passwords --> set master password

*slaps forhead*

Back
Top Bottom