Moving over to linux

dreamweaverdude

In Runtime
Hi there,

I've been using linux on and off for a while now trying out various distributions of it but am not sure about a few things. I like the look of Suse and have used it a little bit. I've also tried red Hat and found it reasonable. I tried Mandrake and also found that fairly straightforward. One thing I am not sure about is if there are any good media players out for linux at the moment. I read somewhere that winamp is available but in beta. Do you know any players such as a good one on sourceforge that i've not heard about. Help on choosing a distribution would also be helpful. I am willing to learn from scratch even though so far I have found linux pretty straight forward so far but still need to learn how to install programs from the terminal. Any recommendations on distro's and suitable media players would be helpful. most of the music is ecoded in mp3 and the spec of the machine to run linux on is, - 1Ghz amd duron, 192mb ram, soon to be 512mb, 64mb geforce2 FX400, 40gig with a 10 gig slave,

Back
Top Bottom