moving my docs...

jay8990

Daemon Poster
Im building a comp for a client, and its a 200gig hd.

so I've got one partition at 80 (os and propgram files etc on it), and one at 120 (which i want to have my docs on it) how do i move my documents to this second partition?

when i say my docs i mean the entire documents and settings folder?

or if that cant be done, just the docs folder

Thanks

why

Why do you want all of the documents on a completely partition. It is possible to do, but very unnecessary. Anyways, to do it (at least this is how i've done it) is format your second partition using partition magic or another compariable program to format the partition, once formated, windows should recognize it as a seperate HD and u can use it as such.

~playaj

you don't need partition majic to format it do you?
you can do it from admin-computer managment i think.
woz

jay8990 said:
Im building a comp for a client, and its a 200gig hd.

so I've got one partition at 80 (os and propgram files etc on it), and one at 120 (which i want to have my docs on it) how do i move my documents to this second partition?

when i say my docs i mean the entire documents and settings folder?

or if that cant be done, just the docs folder

Thanks

Go here and get TweakUI, it will move your My Documents to where ever you want it. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Install TweakUi, then run it, go to the My Computer section, click on Special Folders. On the right hand pane scroll through to My Documents, then click on change location button.

Back
Top Bottom