moving data question

lerner1

In Runtime
i installed another hard drive in my computer today and im taking some stuff off my original hard drive and slidding it into the new one but it dosent take it off the original it just copies it into the new one does anyone know how i can actually move it instead of copying?

thx in advanced

no im definatly sry for making this post yea i was dragging and droping then like 1 min after i made this post i was like wait i can just cut and past its like 230 am here so my im a little out of it sry l0l but if anyone can tell me how to stop the new hard drive from spinning when there is nuthing running or im not even using that hard drive, you would be alot of help bcuz thats something i definaly dont know thx

You cant, youll just have to live with it...If its extremly loud, and annoying, you might want to return it, or it may even be a defect, if its that loud.

Right click your desktop, properties, screensaver tab, power button, turn off hard drives after .... select your timeframe.

This will spin your slave drive down after the time selected, unfortunately there is no way to discriminate between drives, it is a global setting. Still, it works, as your main drive is usually active. There is some delay as it spins up again to transfer stuff to it, turn off the pc etc, but it will work.

Deathstar said:
Right click your desktop, properties, screensaver tab, power button, turn off hard drives after .... select your timeframe.

This will spin your slave drive down after the time selected, unfortunately there is no way to discriminate between drives, it is a global setting. Still, it works, as your main drive is usually active. There is some delay as it spins up again to transfer stuff to it, turn off the pc etc, but it will work.

Wow, I never knew this, learn something everyday...Good info!

Yep, the only kicker is if you set it for a short time like 10 minutes, it powers down your main hdd as well, if you're not going to access your slave often 20 to 30 minutes is a good setting.

good info, no its not one i bought its a 9 gb hard drive that i took out a old computer trying to be creative it worked i did it right and what not its just real slow and now i have to take it out and try and find out how im going to get more space it was pure genious if it worked l0l

Back
Top Bottom