Mouse Problem

Wibeleet

Beta member
I am using a USB, laser mouse (Genius, MODEL :GM-04004A) with my Toshiba (Satellite) laptop and it stops working all the time (with the light coming off and the PC making sounds).

My touch pad keeps working. Once I pull it out for some time and let it 'rest' it seems to come back when I put it back in (doesn't come back if pull out and back in right away). A restart of the PC also gets it back for sometime before it goes off again, but this is not good for gaming).

And I am not the only one having this problem, I have googled and found many with the exact same problem. But not with a solution. And these are people with different laptops and mouses which urges me to say that naming my mouse my not help (maybe even naming the laptop my not help). Because the mouse I used before this one (my new mouse is not even a month old) did the exact same thing.

So I am hoping someone else who also had this problem may offer me the same solution.

No, my mouse is new and also my other mouse did the same thing (which I said in my first post).

I was hoping for more professional look at this (and not the asking of questions I have already answered in my original post). Considering this problem is common and not confound to one type of laptop (or mouse, but that's already been proven wrong).

http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=10149 This thread is the exact same problem, but like this one, it's not getting any straight answers.

Um, the answer is simple really. The Satellite notebooks use a strange config for their touchpad and thus, when a physical mouse is detected, the USB system or PS2 system (on certain models) doesn't work properly. Disable the touch pad using the button near it, plug in the mouse, go into your hardware settings, and reinstall the driver from windows for the USB portable mouse. That should fix it.

Back
Top Bottom