Mouse freezing - recurring issue

Cirque

Beta member
Brief history of the issue.

Last Windows install this issue occurred as well. My pc has 8 USB ports, the issue started with my mouse connected to a back port, and was temporarily fixed by connecting to the front port.

New Windows install - 'new', since this was a while ago and my pc starts to suffer from windows decay. Same issue, this time mouse was in front always and the issue started there. Connecting behind did not fix it temporarily.

The issue started a few days ago, happened once, few days nothing. It started happening more and more often until today where it happens every 5 minutes or so (it's random, just a random number out of my butt).

I have an optical mouse, of no particular model, bought in Denmark when I was on a holiday there. I did not install drivers for it. The mouse freezes up, but the red ligt still is enabled. I cannot make it work again unless i take it out of the USB port and reconnect it. Sometimes I need to do this several times before it works again.

I cannot confirm whether I can click when it does that or not. Once it froze on the menubar with stuff minimized and clicking seemed to work. The mousepad should not be an issue.

This is a different mouse from my old install, and also a different mousepad from my old install. Yet it is the issue issue. Strangely enough, when using a different mouse, it works fine (or it worked fine for 2 hours now). However, when my own mouse is connected to another pc, it works fine too (also been used for 2 hours now).

Here's the stuff asked for in the sticky thread:

Operating system and version such as XP Home latest SP
(from Averest:)
Motherboard make and model: Dell DM061
CPU: DualCore Intel Pentium D 920, 2800 MHz (14 x 200) (Not overclocked)
Memory: 1 gb (yes, believe it x.x)
Video card make and model, and whether it's an AGP, PCI, or onboard video chips.
Sound card make and model: Nvidea Geforce 7300 LE
Hard drives make and model: WDC WD3200KS-75PFB0 (298 GB)
Optical drives make and model: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-H553A
Power supply make and model: Unable to find this.

I noticed my GPU is at 88 degrees C, not sure if this is a good number, seems kinda high.

I have disabled the option in System for automatically disabling the hardware to preserve energy, this did not help in the least.

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm very attached to my mouse and tired to run into the same problem every windows install in different forms.

Edit: The issue eventually fixed itself. It will probably reoccur but I'm happy for now. Thanks anyway for reading.

Back
Top Bottom