Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Which mouse is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS
Razer mice may not feel right for some people, for example i find i drag my wrist too much with them, and the mouse is just too small.
agreed. I never really liked it, it's not a bad mouse at all, just wasn't for me. Though I guess you can get used to any mouse if you use it long enough.

Old 12-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #12
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to jbranum Send a message via MSN to jbranum Send a message via Yahoo to jbranum

well wireless mice work great for personal computing..but if you plan on doing any competitive gaming.. ie CAL, CEVO, Q4 or anything like that...you'd best get wired. The signal may never drop completely off, but it will surely lag a little and that causes problems....just think about the uses before you buy...

jbranum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #13
Golden Master

I <3 my Copperhead. Can't play CS without it anymore - it's a huge difference. I've never tested either of those mice, so I can't really help you out there, but wired mice are better for gaming than wireless IMO.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

i use mx510.. i like it. the g5 is even better i'm guessing. so go g5.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #15
Fully Optimized

I love my razer diamondback. It just works for me. But the logitech MX518 and G5 are also good choices.
ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

If I were you, I would get what feels the most comfortable.
Old 12-06-2006, 12:44 AM   #17
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

The MX518 is cheap, performs well and has lots of functionality for it's price. The G5 is pretty good too, basically the same as the MX518, but it uses laser tracking and has weight cartridges. The G7 is pretty good, and if you like the freedom of wireless mice, it's a good choice. Lag shouldn't be a problem now, considering RF technology has advanced pretty far compared to first-gen wireless products.

I'm using the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000. It's slightly slower in terms of performance, but functionality and ergonomics are top notch. I don't game that much, but even for games it performs just fine.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:08 AM   #18
Golden Master

The hardest part about knowing what feels comfortable is actually using it first. I may just end up going to CompUSA where they have the mouse displays and see if they have the G5's and others. If their price is about the same as Newegg, I'll just get it there instead of ordering online.

I also have the Microsoft Wireless Laser 6000 mouse but it's the notebook version. It's small, but I notice it can be used on literally any surface. Much more accurate and more durable than the optical mouse. Some surfaces that are impossible for the optical mouse to pick up, my laser notebook mouse would do it no problem at all. I've got a magazine being used right now for my stupid optical mouse. That is just sad!!!!

The G7 mouse is quite expensive for a mouse though. I would love to give that a try but the price holds me back a bit. I may just end up getting the G5 then.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #19
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, if you're not sure what fits your hands, go to a store and try them out. Generally, Microsoft has good enough ergonomics that I don't have to worry about fit.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote