Motorola Surfboard/Cable Modem problem...

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
I have a Motorola Cable Modem that is split from the Cable coming to my house so it's shared with the cable from my TV....anyways all of a sudden the power light on my modem flashes instead of staying a constant green and I don't get any internet connection....some people said to check coaxial cable and I reconnected it at both ends and that did nothing...after that I reset the modem by unplugging it and then waiting to reconnect the power cord for a minute or so and it started up but the Power light was still flashing...I turned it off for an hour or so and tried one more time to get it to work but the power light still flashes on and off....all the other lights are solid like they should be....ANY IDEAS?

I have a Motorola Cable Modem that is split from the Cable coming to my house so it's shared with the cable from my TV....anyways all of a sudden the power light on my modem flashes instead of staying a constant green and I don't get any internet connection....some people said to check coaxial cable and I reconnected it at both ends and that did nothing...after that I reset the modem by unplugging it and then waiting to reconnect the power cord for a minute or so and it started up but the Power light was still flashing...I turned it off for an hour or so and tried one more time to get it to work but the power light still flashes on and off....all the other lights are solid like they should be....ANY IDEAS?

call optimum online. lol was i rite? did i guess the rite isp?

Your modem might have bit the dust. Check with your ISP first, before you go out and buy a new modem.

yes u were right it is Optimum will they ask me anything about the modem like any ID numbers or where it is....I'm not really worried my dad is says..."don't call them they'll ask for the modem number and say this isn't the modem you're registered for" like I said we have the cable splitter and it technically is illegal but honestly I don't worry, he does.

Some electronics stores sell cable modems, but I am not entirely sure if the modem is the problem. If you have something to hide, you might want to give it a try. You can usually return it anyways. Only will take about 10 minutes to test it, right?

Back
Top Bottom