Motherboards with odd ports?

bentomo

Baseband Member
I've got a short question here:

Why do some motherboards, that don't have an onboard video card, have hdmi and dvi ports?

I've heard that i series processors have built in video, I'm guessing that's what it's for. Could someone explain this to me.?

I've got a short question here:

Why do some motherboards, that don't have an onboard video card, have hdmi and dvi ports?

I've heard that i series processors have built in video, I'm guessing that's what it's for. Could someone explain this to me.?

I believe the i3 series has integrated video on the die.

So what is this capable of running? Is it just for everyday web browsing or could you play an old game like age of mythology on it?

the all of the I series processors that have built in graphics on them the graphics are not very good and from what i have heard from friends who own them they tend to tear alot so visually there not that great.

Integrated video on a cpu could never be as good as a dedicated video card. If you use it, don't plan on doing any gaming, you're better off getting a good gaming video card.

It really depends on what games you're playing though. My (old) onboard graphics (though this is on the motherboard, not the CPU) plays older games perfectly reasonably at modest settings, and this is really all I need it to do. I'd be surprised if the integrated video on some CPUs these days didn't perform the same or better.

Integrated video on a cpu could never be as good as a dedicated video card. If you use it, don't plan on doing any gaming, you're better off getting a good gaming video card.

Never say "never", with that logic you will get nowhere in life.Anything is possible.

Never say "never", with that logic you will get nowhere in life.Anything is possible.

But until Fusion/Bulldozer is out, Tommy is 100% accurate. Gamers don't let Gamers buy Integrated Crapâ„¢. ;)

If you want to play anything made within the past 3 years, you need at least a GeForce 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 3850 or higher. If you have games older than 3 years, just about anything will do, as far down as a GeForce3/Radeon 9800.

But until Fusion/Bulldozer is out, Tommy is 100% accurate. Gamers don't let Gamers buy Integrated Crapâ„¢. ;)

If you want to play anything made within the past 3 years, you need at least a GeForce 8800 GTS or Radeon HD 3850 or higher. If you have games older than 3 years, just about anything will do, as far down as a GeForce3/Radeon 9800.

Of course a GPU is better than the i3-i5-i7 at gaming at this point in time. Like Fusion, its just going to keep getting better and better to the point to where "Intergrated" GPU's are as good as a dedicated card. But at this point in time it's better to get a dedicated GPU.

Back
Top Bottom