Motherboard - top RAM speed?

uh-oh - thats not good.

my PC is a Packard-Bell - but the motherboard could be Gigabyte or Mobo - I couldn't see anything that would prove either way.

Unfortunately, I've just gone ahead and bought 1gb of RAM from the USA - so, if it doesn't work then it looks like I'll just have to resell it - nevermind.

setup 2
======
1x1gb DDR 400mhz PC3200 (assuming my motherboard can take it)

Totalling 1gb at 400mhz

This one

natej315 said:
setup 2
======
1x1gb DDR 400mhz PC3200 (assuming my motherboard can take it)

Totalling 1gb at 400mhz

This one

nah, can't do setup 2 - according to the 2 links contained in this thread, my MoBo can only handle upto 266mhz RAM - I'm not into over-clocking :/

thanks all the same :D

ajajaj said:
uh-oh - thats not good.

my PC is a Packard-Bell - but the motherboard could be Gigabyte or Mobo - I couldn't see anything that would prove either way.

Unfortunately, I've just gone ahead and bought 1gb of RAM from the USA - so, if it doesn't work then it looks like I'll just have to resell it - nevermind.

well then I'm afraid that most likely the info on packard bells site is the correct one. :( But try the ram stick u ordered, if it doesn't work then call the shop and ask if u could have ur money back. Atleast in here some shops give u 14 days to return the product if it's not compatible. Always worth a try.

ajajaj said:
nah, can't do setup 2 - according to the 2 links contained in this thread, my MoBo can only handle upto 266mhz RAM - I'm not into over-clocking :/

thanks all the same :D

Sorry mate :)

Back
Top Bottom