Motherboard question.

Well i presume this will work but i just want to make sure, i have an old gateway with a q6600 in it...could i just take it out and throw it on this motherboard? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131329
thanks

my main question would be...how big is your case...? you are running a mATX motherboard as of right now but the one you selected is ATX, if your current motherboard fits in there without much room left over then no, it won't work...

Not a fan of the 24-pin power connector; I'd rather it be on the edge of the board. Other than that, I think it's a nice mobo and should suit you well.

Not a fan of the 24-pin power connector; I'd rather it be on the edge of the board. Other than that, I think it's a nice mobo and should suit you well.

wasn't asking for input on the motherboard because its already been bought, but wolv, im getting a coolermaster case also, im not gonna put a ATX board in a smaller than MidATX case lol, im just asking if i can swap out the CPU and put it on that mobo that im buying. NOTHING ELSE

It should transfer over flawlessly assuming the "Quad-Core" support is "Core 2 Quad", which I'm sure it is. Regardless, the socket is the same so it should work. When you do transfer over make sure you put the stand-offs and make sure you clean all the thermal paste of the CPU and the HSF with some isopropyl alcohol (I'd say 80%+ for the concentration). Re-apply the paste in the size of a BB in the center of the processor. Then attach the heatsink and twist it a little to spread the paste around. Remember to put them on before putting the motherboard in.

Back
Top Bottom