motherboard question

well what do I do now? buy a hole new computer? man this bites! I dont want to buy an agp card when its only goin to last me a year, and plus they are so $$ compared to pci e cards. but I guess I dont have a choice do I?

A P4SD eh? That's S478. Yes, you can have a board with PCI-E and a board with PCI-E AND DDRII.

Ask you local store for an Asrock P4VM890 for the PCI-E only or a BIOSTAR P4M900 for PCI-E and DDRII. Make sure you ask for the S478 though.

Get a new mobo, it's the way to go. DDR2 and 775, pci-e too. It will cost a little more but you will have better upgrading potential. Also sell the old equiptment.

well alright Im goin to sell my mobo memory and processor. but now comes to what do I get now? should I go with amd or intel? what is buss speed compared to ghz?http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_cpu.asp?name=Processors
I was looking at processors and I got confused on what the diffrence was. whats more important? I thought that intel had a 3.0 ghz processor, and I thought that that was good but then I saw that the buss speed was only 800 compared to amd that had a 2.40 ghz processor with 1000 mhz. so whats better? what should I get?

Back
Top Bottom