Motherboard question

smithman01

Baseband Member
If I have the K7S5A motherboard which states that it has an 4X AGP video card slot, does that mean that I have to use a 4X AGP video card or can I use something like my ATI Rage 128? When I tried using my ATI Rage 128 in my new built computer, the monitor said no signal so I'm assuming that my Rage 128 is not compatible. Am I correct?? Also, when a video card says that it has, for instance, 128MB DDR, do you need DDR memory in your DIMM slot to use it or can you have SDR memory and be fine?

Here's the link to the K7S5A motherboard:

http://www.sysopt.com/reviews/ecs-k7s5a/board-l.jpg

what interface is the card? if it's AGP it should work even if it's a AGP x8, and the memory on your graphics card does not have to match your RAM.

The K7S5A motherboard that I have does have an AGP port, however, there seems to be some sort of latch on the AGP port which should lock the video card into place. This latch does not lock down my ATI Rage 128 card though. Does that mean that my card is not compatible??

do you have a link to your graphics card? that little latch shouldn't mean its not compatible.

Some agp cards have a very broad range of compatibility, for example, the Ati 9200 can do 2x-4x-8x...
EDIT: It is so compatible that even works with Asrock's AGI interface...

I have don't know what you mean by a link, do you mean a website link?? I don't know which model this ATI Rage 128 card I have. Is there a way to find out?? I know it was made in 1998-1999, around there.

Back
Top Bottom