motherboard problem

Hi

i am buying a pci graphics card, and i was checking my motherboard to see if its compatiable with my mother board, but for some reason the pci slot is not on the mother board, i have a 965G motherboard.

i am not sure whats happend with the mother board, as i bought the computer refurbished.

anyone have suggestions on what to do other than buy a new computer or motherboard

thanks
As you have not mentioned the brand of your mobo you can visit the mobo website and you will know which slots are supported. By the way i think it supports 1 PCI Express X16 slot. 3 PCI Express X1 slot. 3 PCI slots.

As you have not mentioned the brand of your mobo you can visit the mobo website and you will know which slots are supported. By the way i think it supports 1 PCI Express X16 slot. 3 PCI Express X1 slot. 3 PCI slots.

What? He posted a picture of the board and it only had PCI.

BTW I reported your post. It attempts to link to the same site as your sig, but fails. I removed the link when I quoted it. ;)

is it possible to add the pci slot to the card i own, i really can't afford any new motherboard and i can't buy online

is it possible to add the pci slot to the card i own, i really can't afford any new motherboard and i can't buy online

no, and I think you and Securecomputer made the same mistake when you googled 965G, my guess is that it's an old (really old) OEM motherboard model number, but some of the google results also list motherboards with that chipset as well, such as the Gigabyte GA-965G-DS3, which happens to have the same PCI, PCI-E specs as Supercomputer posted, just a guess...

getting a new motherboard with a PCI-E slot that matches whatever processor you're running may be tough anyway because of the age of that motherboard, it's been a while since I remember seeing a motherboard PCB that color, reminds me of older ASUS OEM boards, you might have to just wait until you can buy a full system, upgrading may cost as much as building a cheap new system...

Back
Top Bottom