Motherboard problem

mrscherer

Solid State Member
Well i think its my motherboard anyway. Whats happening is when i turn on my computer it gets all the way to my log in screen, but after about 1 min i get a blue screen for a split second and it restarts. Also 6 lights turn on on my motherboard between my ram slots. The lights are red red yellow yellow green green from top to bottom. Is this a motherboard or a ram problem?

Some info on my setup: I have a gigabyte motherboard, my ram is g.skill i have 2 sticks each are 2g. If you need to know anything else just ask.

My setup has works for the last 2 years no problem. Also i should state that i know close to nothing about computers :)

Any info would be great.
Thanks
~Dane

Initially it sounds like a RAM problem - The lights may be a give away.

What Gigabyte motherboard are you running?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128086

My motherboard

The only reason i thought it was my motherboard was because the first time it happened i took out one of my sticks or ram and only the right slot on my motherboard worked. If i put the stick of ram in the left slot it would restart but not if i put it in the right slot. However it only worked for 2 days and now neither slot works.

Okay i just took out one of my dad's sticks of ram from his comp and tried it in mine. I got the same problem. :(

Bump-Please help

Also im able to boot into safe mode, not sure if that helps or not. :)

Back
Top Bottom