Motherboard playing with me D:

_-..zKiLLA..-_

Fully Optimized
So a while back i was sitting in my chair with my feet like on my wall sorta and i accidentally kicked/knudged the outlet and everything on my power strip (computer and router and modem) died. So i booted my computer back up and everythings fine now and i have had that outlet replaced internally by my dad but now its doing weird things and it only leads me to believe that messed with my mobo

My internet dies everyonce in a while, and i mean by die is just stop working then i get the orange triangle in the left corner and then i have to right click and choose repair and then it works again, Another thing that just started happening right now is i keep getting the "Cannot recognize USB devices" when i haven't plugged anything new in except for my phone. What happened was i plugged my phone in to charge and its charging and then it randomly says connot recognize, and then so i unplug it and grab my wall charger no biggie right, SO TO CLARIFY THE PHONE IS NOW UNPLUGGED (rofl) and it keeps giving me random cannot recognize. It stopped now but it was odd, what do you think happened?

I'm going to have to agree with you and say that it's more than likely that your motherboard is the issue. Many people have had trouble with the board you have (me being one of them). Try clearing CMOS. Sometimes that just does the trick. Also try reinstalling/updating your drivers. I'm not guaranteeing that any of these will work but it's worth a shot. You're most likely going to have to look for a new motherboard though.:(

Well since then ive actually updated the BIOS and have installed 7 64bit so i was pretty sure the problem would be gone by now

Have you checked your registry? It could have been in a writing process when the power was cut, causing glitches in the reg. Break out CCleaner or Advanced Windows Care v2.2 and have both run a scan for windows registry glitches. Chances are, the issue lies with the OS, not the hardware. Hardware can't suffer any damage from power cut.

I've had the problem where the internet just died and I got the error icon on the taskbar like you, and it would work fine after a repair. I found out the problem was that Windows 7 didn't like the motherboard network adapter driver, but when you just installed the Microsoft generic driver it worked fine. I'm just running the MS generic driver now and it solved that. Never had the problem since. Seems to be nVidia boards that were doing that, so that may very well be your problem.

I don't know about the USB problem though.

Turn off the system and unplug it from power. Open up the case and touch the top of the LAN port (solid silver part). Press and hold the power button for a minute. What you are doing is discharging any buildup that might be on the case/motherboard by using yourself as a ground. I've seen this fix USB issues before.

Turn off the system and unplug it from power. Open up the case and touch the top of the LAN port (solid silver part). Press and hold the power button for a minute. What you are doing is discharging any buildup that might be on the case/motherboard by using yourself as a ground. I've seen this fix USB issues before.

That'll be pretty cool if it works.

Back
Top Bottom