Motherboard
Product Name ECS PT800CE-A
Model Version 1.0

CPU Intel Pentium 4 rk80546pg0881m

Memory Micron MT16VDDT6464AG-265B1 512MB PC2100 266MHZ

HDD western digital wd800bb

Power supply: 250w Newton Power from a gateway select athlon 1100

Operation System Windows XP Home Edition

I installed this ECS PT800CE-A motherboard and the drivers from the cd that came with it and the system worked fine for a few hours. I left my computer on and about 1 hour later it shut down and would not start when I click the power button. With the ATX1 and ATX2 power cables attached, it would not start, however, if I remove ATX2 the fans will run but nothing shows up on the screen. I disconnected everything from the motherboard and took it out of the case and it still didn't power up. I tried removing the CPU, leaving only the motherboard as it came in the box and it still didn't power up. I even cleared CMOS and the problem still persists. I was told by an ECS technician that I should use a power supply rated at least 350 watts. Could this motherboard be defective? Did I damage it by using an insufficient power supply or will a bigger supply bring it back to life? Any information you can provide is greatly appriciated. Thank you.

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=0&LanID=0&DetailID=423&DetailName=Specification
It would depend on what all else that you had attached to it. The 250 should run with what you have listed.
Replace the power supply and try it that way before sending it back.

Back
Top Bottom