Motherboard Name

its kind of hard to be sound jokingly online.
unless there was like LOLZ!!! and HAHA!!! all over the post....

well like i said, to clear everything up...it was only in a joking manner. sorry, next time we will make it more clear to all.

you guys actually pay attention to the posts and reps?

Well ... when it comes to reading through a thread and deciding if an answer's reputable ... then yes, why wouldn't I pay attention to posts and reps?

I think it might be beneficial if instead of a generic "Guru", perhaps "Network Security Know-It-All" or "Web Design SmartyPants" or "Post-Count Accumulator Powerhouse" might be more useful. :)

Not to complain, but for a "Guru" with over 2,500 posts ... shouldn't this be something you should know?

just because he has a high post count doesnt mean squat
you could have question after question
which you can post
or just trying to narrow down the options
or just talking period
would add to your post count
his reputation should be the way to tell how knowledgable a person is
in a month i could go into every section on this forum
and post on every thread
that would raise my post count
and over time that would raise me to a Guru

so then does that mean that i know everything?

back to topic

Well ... when it comes to reading through a thread and deciding if an answer's reputable ... then yes, why wouldn't I pay attention to posts and reps?

I think it might be beneficial if instead of a generic "Guru", perhaps "Network Security Know-It-All" or "Web Design SmartyPants" or "Post-Count Accumulator Powerhouse" might be more useful. :)

now you have a point eh. that would be a great idea for CF to do, and that would be to specialize their status for users, so we know who is well knowledge'd in what areas. like the idea :)

If you hover your mouse over the green squares (rep) under a user name it will show a description. I.E. yours says "hedoe has a brilliant future"

Wow. I just woke up and read all this. I supposed I wasn't too specific.

What I meant was: Is there a place, that's the same on all motherboards, where it would just tell me the name? Like a corner or something. I know I can easily google the model, or look for that bar code. Unfortunately, talking from experience, some bar codes don't right out tell you just the motherboard name, it usually has additional information about just that unit. So if the motherboard is unknown to me, I'll have to be googling all that information I find. Additionally, at least on the HSF I've seen, they only tell you the brand.

Overall, I was just trying to figure out if there was an engraved name or something that will tell me the brand and model together, without having to google models. Just looking for a way to be more effecient about all this. But then again I guess I'd end up googling the board for specs...

And for those who asked, my specialized area is Programming.

edit: For another thing, I've already stated way earlier in some old thread, that, if my rep had been split into social lounge / others, it would be 4 / 2.

this post and rep discussion is pretty off topic and everyone knows that they don't mean anything, if Bill Gates signed up for this site, he'd be a noob with 1 post after his first post, but we all would know better...

I've seen people in threads get no rep for answering a question correctly, while someone else from the thread found a common point between he and the OP to talk about and get a rep without answering the question at all...

that's just how the post and rep system work, it's usually more of a "Computer Forums" guru than an actual computer guru, I have a friend who is a network wiz, but can't put together/build a computer to save his life and, imo, building the computer is the easiest thing about computers...

and to answer the original question, usually PCWizard or Everest can tell you what motherboard you have without even opening it up, and PCWizard has a portable usb version you can download...

Back
Top Bottom