Motherboard Name

Just for future reference, where, on the motherboard, can I find it's name? Because I'm always fixing friends' computers and that information would be helpful to know.

well some boards have it in nice big letters on heat sinks or on the deck itself. Otherwise, look for a stick with a bar code, should say on there. have a look around on the board...if its not on the face of it...check on the back of the board.

Plenty of times if you have a model # of a brand name pc, you can look up the specs online for that particular pc. If not, crack open the case and look for every piece of info on the motherboard itself you can find. Numbers/letter characters can be googled and you can usually find motherboard model names.

Not to complain, but for a "Guru" with over 2,500 posts ... shouldn't this be something you should know?

Seems like there ought to be some kind of indication of what kind of Guru they really are other than the ability to zing off over 2,500 posts in 8 months.

lol - well clearly he's got lots to say, but hey, we're all learning anyhow :) even Guru's still learn a thing or two from us noobish ppl :) hehe

I'm not trying to give him grief ... I just see all those reps and posts and I shake my head in wonder. Perhaps I need to research more on how to determine what a member has a "reputation beyond repute" in. For all I know this guy probably is a genius in web design, of which I have no knowledge or skill in. Maybe there needs to be more clarification in avatar areas of what areas members are Guru's in?

Back
Top Bottom