Motherboard issue

Wallaby Dan

Fully Optimized
Have a older motherboard that was in a back closet. Iits been there ??? Hooked up up and nothing. Nothing works. Checked the power switch 3times have the book thatczme withit and following instructions will not fix issue. Can a great boardsit too long? I know sometimes they can fry something when started up sometime but its usially because something was shorting out. I checked the board real careful flr where the hold down screws are checked it 3 times too! Looks like a doa board. Anything else i can try??:confused:

I would start by replacing the CMOS battery. Let me know if that doesn't work. There are many other things to try.

I did, thought about that as well. Reset the bios. Took everything off the board could use. Had power, fans, dvd and hard drive, mouse, keyboard, sound and video. That is all i got nothing at all complete doa.:eek:

I did, thought about that as well. Reset the bios. Took everything off the board could use. Had power, fans, dvd and hard drive, mouse, keyboard, sound and video. That is all i got nothing at all complete doa.:eek:
Not just removing it, replace it. As in, get a new one.

PSU good? Plugged in power and CPU power sockets?

Take the mobo out and set it on wood or magazine. Hook up the PSU and onboard video since you reset the BIOS.

If the PSU are still in the case just lay the case on it's back for access to the cables. Use a coin to jump start the power up pins on the control panel.

This will eliminate the shorts from the case if any.

I test all new board before installing.

image upload freecertificity.com

ETA: It may the board I sent him and it was DOA. I'm reimbursing him for the shipping cost. He's trying to save my face. :cool:

Last edited:
Yes, and i had all the cables all nice and laid out perfect and really neat looking!!! Sucks!! Will get another board at the beginning of the month. I am looking on E-Slay again. Saw a few brand new boards that would work for me.

Did you try booting without HDD? Did you try booting with only 1 RAM stick in each slot? Did you push you RAM all the way in? And you card? Did you read the motherboard manual to install the RAM?

Don't rush it. If you don't want to troubleshoot just tell us and we can stop trying to help you.

Will try the ram with one stick. If that was it, wouldnt the alarm start beeping? Also wouldnt the fans still come on? I took the chassis fans off the board too. Only fan is pcu. I still get nothing. Next...

Back
Top Bottom