Motherboard Help

tnnkarts

Beta member
I have a 2 or 3 year old Dell Dimension 4600 desktop and the motherboard needs to be replaced. I was told that for it to fit in the box that the computer was in there is a certain model or kind of mother board I would need to buy, does anyone know anything about this?

Well, we'll need a bit more info on what's inside that computer. As in what type of processor and memory are installed and if it has integrated or an add-in video card.

I don't see any reason that a normal motherboard wouldn't work once you find one that is compatible with your RAM and processor.

My only concern is the power button jumpers. ON some low-end dells, this is a proprietary connector for teh power switch/LED In which case the only compatable motherboards could come from dell. That is, unless you buy a new case as well.

A lot of Dell and other computer manufacturers have custom cases that only the motherboard that came with it will fit in. It depends though.

if i was you id save the the trouble and just buy a new case juts get a basic 1 there not expensive

Back
Top Bottom