Motherboard and which graphic card?

space3di

Beta member
Sorry this is a trivial question really and I have a friend who help me out normally but his out of the country and I need a hand so I've turned to this forum.
Basically I've got a Asus A7M266 motherboard and I want to get a new graphic card for it but I don't know what type I have to get. I did go to pc world to ask there advice but came out thinking I would get more accurate information from a slice of lemon!
Also if anyone could recommend a good cheap graphic card would be very great full... was looking to get around 512 mb for around £50 if possible.

Thanks for any help...

Unfortunatly, that board only has an AGP 4x slot. The fastest card you can buy for it would be the HD 3850 AGP.

yep, pretty much.
but if you are going to get the best graphics card for your mobo, i would say just save your money, and start/get a new build.
The best graphics card out there will just get bottlenecked, and it wont perform as good a pci-e slots.
but if its for like everday use as just going online, listen to music, then you wont have to start/get a new build, and just get like the cheapest AGP 4x card you can get.
But if you are going to do some gaming, or some high end graphical stuff, then its best to just save up your money.

Back
Top Bottom