motherboard fryed? or cpu?

They look like voltage controllers (from what I can make out) The one on the left of the cpu socket may well be the CPU voltage controller, what voltage were you poking through the board when it died??

Anyway, I would guess that the board is toast, sure it lights up but that only means your psu is working, the cpu you'd need to install into another board to test.

imo your chances of both being dead are pretty high.

good thing my b-day's coming up my mom told me she'll get me a motherboard, imma get it and try out my cpu, i dont think its gonna work though and my vcore voltage was at 1.38 normal is 1.33 =( not even that much of a difference

Without looking up the specs for your cpu I'd hazard a guess that 1.38v is within the range, it's certainly not excessive that's for sure.

How old is the board?? Is it still under warranty?? they're normally three years for a m/board, you might be able to rma it, be worth checking out anyway.

its about 1 year old or so, actualy i got it last year for my b-day haha imma check it out on there site, thanks

*edit* yeah its 30 bucks just to see if they can mark it as under waranty and all that but i can spend like 100 and get a motherboard and processor, not sure what to do..... if i only had another motherboard to test my computer.... damn biostar! ha

*edit again =D* what about this motherboard? its the exact same one so i dont have to worry about anything like windows having to re-register, and its cheaper than the other ones! and brand new.... costs 35 + 12 shipping which sounds good to me, what about you guys?
its all green and stuff and mines blue and red and stuff.... this ones missing a heatsink think i wonder why its different.... hmm same manual though

There's only one NVIDIA GeForce 6100-M9 MB listed on the Biostar site

see here

It is slightly different in spec to the ebay one , otherwise they look the same, for $35.00 what the hell, right??? lol

Back
Top Bottom