Motherboard and CPU

blando233

In Runtime
Hey guys what i want to do is upgrade my CPU and Motherboard. If i do that now wont that screw up my hard drive well not screw it up just the hard drive wont boot or something because hardware has changed. If this happens how do you get around it or what so i dont lose this stuff.

you will probally have to re-install windows, You might get lucky theo and it might work. There is no way really of telling

if you can, before you turn the power off for the last time, go to device manager and uninstall all the drivers for the motherboard.
Then, after you install the new motherboard and cpu, windows (assuming you have it) should detect the hardware change and prompt you to install drivers.
if not, just pop the install disk in and do it manually. You should be ok.

blah i have to much stuff on this hard drive ill have to get something back it all up and all

If you have XP, just reinstall the OS from scratch. If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you can drop in a new motherboard and the OS will load the necessary drivers to get the system working, though it doesn't hurt to uninstall existing drivers (if any) as detox suggested, just to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom