Motherboard compatibility?

CFu

Baseband Member
Hello,

My friend wants to buy the AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Mobile X940 Black Edition for his laptop. He is wondering what type of minimal motherboard specifications he would need in order for this CPU to not damage his motherboard.

I will post his laptop details later, but I know his laptop is fairly old (2002 something like that).

Thank you,

--
CFu

Hello,

My friend wants to buy the AMD Phenom II Quad-Core Mobile X940 Black Edition for his laptop. He is wondering what type of minimal motherboard specifications he would need in order for this CPU to not damage his motherboard.

I will post his laptop details later, but I know his laptop is fairly old (2002 something like that).

Thank you,

--
CFu
I doubt his motherboard would support that CPU

That's actually wrong. I've seen people upgrade their CPUs and they've been mostly sucessful...as long as the socket and chipset supports that specified CPU.

Anyways, what's the model name for that laptop? If it's from 2002, he should forget about it.

lhuser remember not every one is as handy with a soldering iron as you and I are.
@the OP > For what you are about to give for that cpu chip you can put a little more with it and get a nice HP rig from Office Depot.

Back
Top Bottom