Motherboard Brands

What motherboard brand(s) have worked best for you?

• ASRock

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • ASUS

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Biostar

• ECS (Elitegroup)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVGA

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Foxconn

• Gigabyte

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Intel

• MSI

• Zotac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@joedaman

What was appalling about there customer service?

I went into a department store in 2010 and asked them what computer would be better at gaming (I already know what to look for in cpu gpu etc..) and he pointed at one and said this is faster then this one as it had DDR2 RAM and DDR 2 is faster then DDR3 :ermm:

I told him to go away and read a book on computer hardware :lol:

Last edited:
Aha, weeell.

I had a graphical issue, and I'm an IT technician, so I went through everything. Swapping RAM, removing GFX card to try onboard, reseated the GPU, removed all peripherals, all that kind of stuff.

I emailed GIGABYTE support all this, told them exactly what I'd done. They replied, and told me to do all the things which I'd already done. They obviously had not even read my full problem.

The fix was, unplugging the machine from the mains, click the power button a few times, then plug it all in again. It worked.

I think most motherboard brands are OK these days, big problems people have with motherboards is using some hardware parts that is not really compatible with the boards such as RAM, etc etc....
It pays to check with the manufacturer as what other parts are compatible.

I think most motherboard brands are OK these days, big problems people have with motherboards is using some hardware parts that is not really compatible with the boards such as RAM, etc etc....
It pays to check with the manufacturer as what other parts are compatible.
Yes, its always a good idea to check the compatiblity lists; however, many of the quality makers of components, like EVGA, Corsair, G.Skill, etc. don't even bother with it, their stuff just works. If you'll notice, those compatibility lists are packed with all the off-brand stuff.

Back
Top Bottom