motherboard beeping (SOUND INCLUDED!)

Sounds like a memory issue to me. Do you have extra sticks of RAM to test with?

Whats your motherboard brand and model? This way we can find the manual online and look up the beepcode.

EDIT: Nvm saw it in your sig, i'm going to try and look it up

Sorry for double post, but I found this

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm

This was posted on another forum in response to a similar question for an ECS board, and the poster said that he sucessfully looked up his beep code on this table. So I'm guessing Award/ECS are either the same thing, or use the same beep codes.

You said that, 'thesound repeats' after that 13 seconds'. According to that table that means:

Beep-Code Table said:
Either the CPU is not seated properly or the CPU is damaged. May also be due to excess heat. Check the CPU fan or BIOS settings for proper fan speed.

Hope this fixes it

its a brand new cpu, just got it today from newegg so i cant say its that not exactly sure

Try re-seating the cpu. In the process clean off the old thermal paste and apply a new even thin layer. As the table indicated it could either be excess heat due to poor application of thermal paste, or a improper/poorly seated processor.

naw theres hardly any thermal paste and also its brand new arctic silver thermal paste and i barely put a thin layer on it. and ive tryed re-seating the cpu and putting the old one in and the same problem occurs. if i take out my ram and it doesnt do it then is it possible that it was that?

Back
Top Bottom