Motherboard Audio

catalyst1

BSOD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128259

That's the motherboard I'm almost certain I'm getting; however, the case I have has two USB ports and a speaker and microphone jack in the front. I know that this board can do the USB (I'm assuming that's what the USB headers are for[is that right?]), but I can't seem to find anything about the audio connections. How can I find out if the board supports the front audio? Do any of you guys have a board with that feature? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

Well, I looked on Gigabyte's website, too. I didn't see anything about audio connections like that.

Front audio? You mean if its surround sound? The front would be considered as the left and right speakers in stereo, and would work with one jack on the motherboard. Usually a green one.

normally all boards will support front audio. They just do it in different ways.
1)There is a jumper that connects the sound to the rear speaker connector(actually 5 jumpers) the jumpers are removed and the front audio connections are intalled in their place.
In this instance you will lose the back speaker connections and only the front will be usable.
You can use a jumper plug that will allow both to be utillized but these are usually self made.
2) A front audio port is available for plug and play capabilities
3) same as 2 above but with a bios option

From the manual that is supplied at manufactures site , that board uses option 1

Back
Top Bottom