Motherboard

CGfreak102

In Runtime
Ok as you see in my sig, i have a intel board and i want to overclock my CPU, but i cant find any good boards that support my RAM(and my RAM is in 4 sticks), i have checked at my work location and also on newegg, and have found only this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136168

im looking for a good mobo, so i can use a PCIE card, need no more than 2 pci slots, and room to support my RAM(and my RAM is in 4 sticks)

need 2 or more SATAII ports,

the rest of my comp is in my sig
FYI: i might be looking at water cooling, and some serious modding any suggestions just post also

you can use a DDR2 800 board with DDR2 667 Ram :p your open to any board that has quad core support.

whats your budget too? i could pick out a board\help you pick one if you tell me your budget. if you have AIM send me an IM, my AIM is in my profile

also what exactly do you do at the shop? a tech would know this stuff, for some reason i recall you having something about a DSL service tech in your sig, or am i mixing you up with someone else

o, i really didnt know that, dam im retarded, o well

so if the socket is a supports 1333/1066 i can use my CPU, sweet i know that

yea rudster dont worry about a budget, but i would say like 220 at most, since i also am getting a graphics card and my credit card is only 500 bucks

haha, cant learn if you dont ask, so keep asking ;)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813127030
The Breakdown

Debug LED: if anything goes wrong with your PC and it wont POST, you will know why from the codes that passes through this onboard POST Card, which cost 36$ seperate

BIOS reset: there is a switch on the back to reset the BIOS which will come in handy when OCing

Heatsinks: they use heatpipes to cool the chipset, and they even have a heatsink on the voltage regulators which can really give you problems sometimes when your doing some hardcore OCing

Ports: it has both optical in\out and 6 analog hookups to get some good surround going. Dual LAN ports will allow you to bridge connections to another computer. eSATA support for ultra fast transfers from supported external HDD's

Abit: since its an Abit, you know your going to get good quality, and Abit makes there boards with OCing accounted for so they make for GREAT OCing boards.

pair this boards, your Q6600, a good cooler and you will have an OCing beast! if you go with watercooling, you could get that baby quite high if its a good chip. im sure the motherboard will be up for the task!

thats a nice board, maybe when i get my next credit card in ill buy it.

pretty much everything i need

i just have air fans, the stock one that came with the CPU, and my PSU fan, ill be getting some other fans when i oc it, but im going to mod, and i might go with water, but idk, to bulky from what i heard

Back
Top Bottom