motherboard

As compatible as that motherboard is, I don't think I would still get it. Too much clutter in my opinion. I just want a straight PCI-e motherboard.

Thats probably why the bridge chip would be useful and a good buy and would end up cheaper too probably.

Any idea how much those retails for?

I would question the performance of that AGP/PCIe board. Since it has AGP, PCIe might not be able to perform at the speeds it should, but maybe it does. Just do some research first before getting it.

Looks like i might just get a bridge, if i knew they made them i wouldent have even bothered postin about it. What do you guys think about the socket 939 Fatal1ty board that abit put out, thats most likely the one im going to be getting.

Yeah, the bridge seems good, and you don't have to spend more on a motherboard, where you might not use the AGP function for more than a few months and then change your card.

That Abit board should be good. I have an Abit, and I'm very happy with it. Mine even came with a UGuru clock, which makes overclocking, seeing fan speeds and looking at temperatures so easy!
Many more companies have the UGuru clock now, but I just liked the way it worked when I got it.

Kewl, that one comes with UGuru too. I have the AV8, so I think yours would be a version up from mine with PCI-E support, whereas mine supports only AGP.

So yeah, get that, and then get the birdge chip. But I'm afraid I don't know where to buy that.

yeah im sure i can find somewhere to buy the bridge.
Now the big question.. with this board ill have to be getting a amd socket 939 cpu... any suggestions on which one

Back
Top Bottom