Mother Board: drivers?

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
OK, thanks to the help of computerfreek, I just reinstalled win98 SE on one of my computers. This computer is quite old and is an IBM. Sound, video, USB, just about everything is integrated into the Motherboard. The motherboard model appears to be: Acer V75M-1
if I'm heading in the right direction I think I need to find drivers for this Mobo. can't find any though.
can sombody help me out?
thanks guys:D

everything should be dealt with with win98? What do you need drivers for? Not like you have usb 2.0 or anything?

Windows should have dealt with the controllers for all of it??

well, there's no sound. its running at resolution of 640 by 480, with 16 colors and I can't raise it. I haven't tried the usb ports but I assume they don't work either.
I recently talked to a computer tech. about it who said I need drivers for the motherboard.

Well.
I had a look for drivers and was unsuccessful.
I assume the audio is AC 97 and the video card will probably be S3 or something.
I recommend downloading AIDA32 (search google) and finding out what they are then downloading the seperate drivers :)

Glad my walkthrough helped!
I recommend downloading

Ok, I'll check that out. I tried a program called Belarc Advisor and It said it didn't detect any Audio hardware and it said the video was the samething windows has been saying it is: Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA)

Open your unit and look at the chips on your integrated board to see what they are. Most custom older units are via chip sets. Your Mother board is usually labeled somewhere. With its type and model #. Then do a search for its drivers.

WINDOWS 98 and ME DOES NOT HAVE DRIVERS FOR LOTS OF UNITS.

windows xp has more and xp pro sets up even more units. Windows update: if you can get on the internet can auto detect alot of stuff but not all.

Your video chip and audio chip can usually be identified by finding the plug on the back and following the traces to the largest chip behind the plug. There id is usually stamped on the chip.

If you have an audio card or video card the id is usually on a label on the card. Though looking up the chip is sometimes required.

If you cannot find drivers for a modem it is easier to just buy a new one and plug it in. Gillions of modems are not plug and play and require lots of sleuthing for drivers.

modems.com and drivers.com are good sources for drivers. Though many may not work. The manufacturers website is usually the best place to find the correct drivers.

Maybe you should pu ME on it? the system proberly wont like Xp, but ME will get the drivers and its sort of 98se!

Back
Top Bottom