Most annoying computer ever

Can we say firewall, anti-virus software, anti-malware software, and regular scans?

I agree with that.
As for his messaging clans they could be passing a bug on that way. How ever unlikely you may think that is I would check on that. Talk to the admin there and see if he's having any feedback about any problem members. That still is a big problem with Yahoo!.

Put a key logger on it. That will show where he's been and what he's doing.
Your brother is the common denominator to the problem. Look deeper...

He also could be turning off the firewall and AV to play online. A drive by download would not be out of the realm of possible.

I agree with that.
As for his messaging clans they could be passing a bug on that way. How ever unlikely you may think that is I would check on that. Talk to the admin there and see if he's having any feedback about any problem members. That still is a big problem with Yahoo!.

I'm always getting questionable links from people I don't know on yahoo messenger.

He's not using Yahoo messenger, but he uses XFire and I think something else. But mostly is on Call of Duty or other game related forums when browsing the web.

He won't be using his system for a bit to see if I can get it running again. Definitely looks like a hardware problem because it won't get past the post screen last several times I tried it. It's unplugged and sitting for a couple days now, hoping that will help some... He's using my spare system and it's got AVG installed now. I'll see if that system shows the same symptoms...

hahaha now that's getting desperate
Yeah, pretty much, lol. If it's a static deal with my brother, than maybe it will discharge after awhile sitting away from him unplugged, that's all I got right now to get the stupid thing to get past post... I've seen stupider things happen than a discharged computer get post post, lol. :p

Thinking of pulling the drive, throwing it in a working system and scanning the whole drive for viruses.

Back
Top Bottom