Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-17-2007, 11:26 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default Most Advanced Games Ever.

I was just wondering, what are the most advanced games for the PC regarding graphics, physics and AI.

Liminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:34 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Most Advanced Games Ever.

Out now, or coming out soon?

Right now, probably Battlefield 2, FEAR, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminator
I was just wondering, what are the most advanced games for the PC regarding graphics, physics and AI.
There's a ton coming out. S.T.A.L.K.E.R, F.E.A.R, Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter, World in Conflict, Warfront: Turning point, those would be my top choices.

If you want topic PHYSICS right now, G.R.A.W, if you want graphics, I'd personally go with F.E.A.R.
Jenox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:44 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Uhh...Battlefield 2 is FAR from advanced. EA's graphics engine sucks if you ask me. It's mostly a multiplayer game, so I guess the "AI" is pretty advanced. As for physics, if you consider extreme rag-dolling a form of good physics, then yes, it's advanced as well.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and FEAR are good choices. I can't wait for the new Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion. 30+ hours of additional gameplay...

I can't really think of many PC games...I guess you can wait for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. Ubisoft has refined it quite a bit. There's also Unreal Tournament 3 coming later this year, and Crysis from Crytek. God, the CryENGINE 2 is FCUKING insane! It looks so nice...too bad it comes at a hardware premium.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:46 PM   #5
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
Uhh...Battlefield 2 is FAR from advanced. EA's graphics engine sucks if you ask me. It's mostly a multiplayer game, so I guess the "AI" is pretty advanced. As for physics, if you consider extreme rag-dolling a form of good physics, then yes, it's advanced as well.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and FEAR are good choices. I can't wait for the new Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion. 30+ hours of additional gameplay...

I can't really think of many PC games...I guess you can wait for Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2. Ubisoft has refined it quite a bit. There's also Unreal Tournament 3 coming later this year, and Crysis from Crytek. God, the CryENGINE 2 is FCUKING insane! It looks so nice...too bad it comes at a hardware premium.

Yeah i agree 100%. Crysis is going to be FUCKING INSANE!!! URT3 is going to have the best physics I think and Crysis to have the best graphics.

Battlefield series is a freakin joke. Horrible graphics, crap gameplay, sucky physics, the game just sucks in general. EA = ftl.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:48 PM   #6
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenox
There's a ton coming out. S.T.A.L.K.E.R, F.E.A.R, Ghost Recon:Advanced Warfighter, World in Conflict, Warfront: Turning point, those would be my top choices.

If you want topic PHYSICS right now, G.R.A.W, if you want graphics, I'd personally go with F.E.A.R.
I actually liked Oblivion better than FEAR, but I guess I'm taking gameplay into account as well.

And as for coming out in the future, there's only one word you should be concerned with:
Crysis
Old 02-17-2007, 11:51 PM   #7
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyler105
I actually liked Oblivion better than FEAR, but I guess I'm taking gameplay into account as well.

And as for coming out in the future, there's only one word you should be concerned with:
Crysis

For me it's gameplay when it comes to Oblivion and F.E.A.R. Oblivion is just...blurry. I don't like the graphics one bit. But then again F.E.A.R is basically one giant dark complex, so eh. Preference I suppose.

Crysis > All. Nuff said.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #8
Golden Master

Quote:
For me it's gameplay when it comes to Oblivion and F.E.A.R. Oblivion is just...blurry. I don't like the graphics one bit. But then again F.E.A.R is basically one giant dark complex, so eh. Preference I suppose.

Crysis > All. Nuff said.
Really? I thought Oblivion had excellent graphics. I guess it's just preference though, personally, I like lots of lighting, not like Doom and Quake and stuff.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:54 PM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Quote:
Yeah i agree 100%. Crysis is going to be FUCKING INSANE!!! URT3 is going to have the best physics I think and Crysis to have the best graphics.

Battlefield series is a freakin joke. Horrible graphics, crap gameplay, sucky physics, the game just sucks in general. EA = ftl.
SHHH! EA is the publisher for Crysis after all...thanks to Crytek's great choice of switching publishers.

Battlefield 2 is actually not bad. The graphics may suck, but the gameplay is fun. As much as I hate to admit it, EA is actually not bad when it comes to multiplayer gameplay.

As for Unreal Tournament 3, I can't wait. I love Epic's Unreal Engine 3. Gears of War @ 1080p = PUUURRRDYY!

I can't wait for Crysis though...so many gameplay options.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #10
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
SHHH! EA is the publisher for Crysis after all...thanks to Crytek's great choice of switching publishers.

Battlefield 2 is actually not bad. The graphics may suck, but the gameplay is fun. As much as I hate to admit it, EA is actually not bad when it comes to multiplayer gameplay.

As for Unreal Tournament 3, I can't wait. I love Epic's Unreal Engine 3. Gears of War @ 1080p = PUUURRRDYY!

I can't wait for Crysis though...so many gameplay options.
Oh god...don't even get me started on Gears of War.......I love that game.