Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-19-2008, 08:37 PM   #21
Baseband Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 35
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
It's the same patch that us special volume licensing customers (and people who torrent) have been running for over a month
Funny you say that I was about to comment the same thing. Though I hear torrent users got the patch like 1 month before release.
I sort of laughed at the whole "we will stop vista pirates" then all their anti-crack measures apparently failed.

I love reading articles on the war MS vs Pirates always a good chuckle.
__________________

Twist86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #22
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twist86 View Post
Funny you say that I was about to comment the same thing. Though I hear torrent users got the patch like 1 month before release.
I sort of laughed at the whole "we will stop vista pirates" then all their anti-crack measures apparently failed.

I love reading articles on the war MS vs Pirates always a good chuckle.
Technically it wasn't pirated. It was released back in feb, but microsoft didn't want to put it up on their normal windows update servers at that time (for what ever reason).
__________________

__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:04 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
troy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,410
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

For some reason my windows update doesn't show it. I don't have it and haven't installed it either, kinda strange.
__________________
Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:16 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
For some reason my windows update doesn't show it. I don't have it and haven't installed it either, kinda strange.
This is because microsoft has deemed SP1 incompatible with something on / in your computer.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #25
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-CHRIS View Post
This is because microsoft has deemed SP1 incompatible with something on / in your computer.
Right, it's something driver related as well. Update every driver you can then try again.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #26
Daemon Poster
 
thebigdintx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,272
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by troy View Post
For some reason my windows update doesn't show it. I don't have it and haven't installed it either, kinda strange.

it's not being pushed out through windows update till april. microsoft released it to the public yesterday (03/18/08), and it is available if you search it out in their download center..here is the link, i downloaded it yesterday...http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
__________________
Antec 300 Case, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 3GHz, Gigabyte GA-EP43-UD3L, PNY 4GB PC6400 800MHz DDR2 RAM, XFX Radeon HD 5550 1GB DDR3 Ram, 1TB Western Digital Black 7200 32MB cache, 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, Antec Earthwatts 500 Watts
thebigdintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #27
Site Team
 
Lowndsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 3,607
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

i got it through windows update yesterday
__________________
JogaBonito1502: I guess Microsoft is really not to blame. Sorry!

KMATB
Lowndsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #28
In Runtime
 
ccasmoe00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 197
Send a message via AIM to ccasmoe00 Send a message via Yahoo to ccasmoe00
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Why does it say not to download if only installing on one computer?
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo
4G DDR2 Memory
NVidia GeForce 7300LE
7.1 High Definition Audio
500GB Hard Drive
8 USB (2.0)
ccasmoe00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 AM   #29
Golden Master
 
DJ-CHRIS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,203
Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccasmoe00 View Post
Why does it say not to download if only installing on one computer?
Because it's the large distributable package, not the windows update small package.
DJ-CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #30
In Runtime
 
ccasmoe00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 197
Send a message via AIM to ccasmoe00 Send a message via Yahoo to ccasmoe00
Default Re: More Vista Sp1 News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowndsey View Post
i got it through windows update yesterday
I pressed the "search for updates" yesterday as well and I got nothing.....
__________________

__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo
4G DDR2 Memory
NVidia GeForce 7300LE
7.1 High Definition Audio
500GB Hard Drive
8 USB (2.0)
ccasmoe00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0