More RAM or a faster HD?

SamIam89

Baseband Member
Im debating between a Sony Vaio T series or a fujitsu P series. WIth my budget, I can afford the T with 1GB RAM and 4200 RPM HD and the P with 768MB RAM and 7200RPM HD. So which will boost my performance speed better ... not loading time - normal application running -- the RAM or the faster HD?

Whoa, dude.. 4200RPM? 7200RPM? Go with the 7200RPM hard-drive. I make that with no hestiation. 7200RPM is wayyyy faster then 4200RPM and even 5400RPM. The faster hard-drive will improve performance. Afterall, most of the bottleneck in a system is the hard-drive, not the ram.

strange i didn't think they even produced hard drives that slow any more, i agree with giancarlo go with the 7200rpm!

that's wierd... i've never heard of a speed so slow lately. I was going to say RAM no matter what, but in your case, the HD would probably be a better choice.

Giancarlo said:
Whoa, dude.. 4200RPM? 7200RPM? Go with the 7200RPM hard-drive. I make that with no hestiation. 7200RPM is wayyyy faster then 4200RPM and even 5400RPM. The faster hard-drive will improve performance. Afterall, most of the bottleneck in a system is the hard-drive, not the ram.
^
|
|
|
|
I totally agree.

768Mb ram is high enough anyway.

Ask any Raptor owner and he'll tell you the extra RPM's really count. Go for the Faster HD

Back
Top Bottom