More questions

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
1) okay how difficult is it to install windows Vista on a made from scratch PC?
i have absolutely no experiance in building computers or in programing pcs either.
so on a scale of 1-10 1 being the easiest (absolutely no problems at all) & 10 being the most difficult (someone that is certified needs to do this)
2) i am also thinking of adding another internal HD
as it is im going to have a Hitachi 1 TB HD, and im pondering adding another to the monster
so my question is how do i set up the RAID to recoginize that there are 2 HDs and that i want them both to be accessed
in otherwords i want 2 TB and im curious as to how i set the PC so that it knows it
thanks for all of your help

1) Not hard at all, set boot order in the bios to boot from rom drive, insert disk, reboot, follow the prompts. once vista is installed you need to install your m/board and graphics drivers etc, easy as pie.

2) What RAID do you wish to run? RAID0 or RAID1? What is your m/board? Do you really need RAID? What do you hope to gain by running a RAID array?

1) It is extremelly easy to install any operating systems out there. As long at You don't try Gentoo, you're good to go. Scale is 0. Too easy.

2)You can RAID multiple drives. As to my knowledge goes, you can RAID 4 drives as one. How that gets proceeded is that you need two drives, being the IDENTICAL model.If you don't, RAID utility won't allow you that.
In order to set RAID, you choose two drives of the same model and add them. For RAID 0, 1, 5 or 10 configuration, that is a little more techie, but stillvery easy.

RAID 0 is the most performent in speedwise, but the less secure. RAID 10, being the most secure and is actually faster than RAID 5. But be warned: When one drive fails, you lose ALL of your DATA...BOTH DRIVES WILL HAVE YOUR DATA LOST!

my mobo is going to be a BFG NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI
i dont know do i really need RAID?
i just want to have 2 TB and be able to access any of them as i want to
you tell me
seriously i really dont know

You could always partition the 2 TB drives during Windows installation. It's better to have them separate, unless youplan to have gigantic 200GB files.

You could always partition the 2 TB drives during Windows installation. It's better to have them separate, unless youplan to have gigantic 200GB files.

not really (to the 200GB)
could you enlighten me on how it is done?
i want to have them seperate one as a primary and the other as a music vault :D
at least thats what i hope

Ah, that's better. Well, if you install your two drives, then install Vista, you will be prompted which drive to install to. Press the advanced option and select a drive. Press Format. Then, repeat the steps for the other drive. Select the Primary disc drive (The first on list) and install Vista in there.

Back
Top Bottom