monitor wount work

minime

Baseband Member
can sum1 plz help the power is on, pluged in at the back ov the tower all i get it the little orange LED light on :confused: :confused: :confused:

(at the moment i am useing the laptop to veiw this site)

Is there another monitor you can try out on that computer ? if not, you could take your tower over a friends home, and try out their monitor on your tower to see if it's the cable or the system.

-edit-

Is your computer booting up normally ? I mean can you hear the hhd (hard drive) booting ?

i have pluged my laptop into the monitor and that works fine sumthing to do inside the tower i think but i dont no wot

Is this a new graphics card ? or a new build ?

if nothing is coming up on the monitor and the orange light is still on, then some how the monitor is not getting a signal from the graphics card. is the graphics card revomable ?

-edit-

if so, I would take it out..clean off the contact points with a Q-tip and wipe them off real good...

put it back in, and see if it resolves the prob.

Is this a new graphics card ? or a new build ?

if nothing is coming up on the monitor and the orange light is still on, then some how the monitor is not getting a signal from the graphics card. is the graphics card revomable ?

-edit-

if so, I would take it out..clean off the contact points with a Q-tip and wipe them off real good...

put it back in, and see if it resolves the prob.

its not a new graphics card or build it is just the1 on the mobo

One of my friends had the exact same problem 3 years ago!we were trying out a new program and we just rebooted like always and then the nothing. Just the orange light on the monitor.we heard the fan and everything inside making the right noises ect'. We also had a onboard video card so we though! It was the vid card but turns out the motherboard went bye bye. C if u here any sound when u boot into windows if u do then its ur onboard card. If not then its ur motherboard. But either way its bad cause if ur onboard vid went then its just a matter of time before your whole motherboard goes! But if i have to say i think its ur motherboard

-edit-

the last resort may be to re-set the cmos by moving over the jumper next to the cmos battery.

all i get on the monitor is RGB no imput signal

the fan on the motherboard works is it just easy to get a graphics card rather then a motherboard

Back
Top Bottom