Monitor as TV

bullzi

Fully Optimized
hey all, i need a box/adapter that allows me to use a computer monitor as a TV, but i dont want to have to use a computer, i simply want a box that has A/V inputs, and has a VGA output for a monitor. it would be nice for it to have HD, but thats no big deal if it doesnt. i know these exist, but i have no idea what they are called, who they are made by or how to find them. also i need pretty good latency for gaming, thanks

If your tv has a video out and your vid card has a composit in, a simple 3 dollar patch cord will connect them together. Whatever device you want to use as the tuner, if it has a composit, out you can plug it in to the composit in on the vid card and go that route.

i think what he is wanting is to just use a monitor as a tv no computer involved that ebay thing does basically what a s video out on a graphics card does. i have never heard of a way to do that though

Actually, the way the TV treats it's signal, it's not capable to treat the pixel resolution of higher than 800x600...or something like that. Anyways, the screen will be garbled.

If you want the TV output, then a little S-Video to Video would do the trick.

dude if u have a okay -good video card
get a ati all in wounder hd tv tunner
works amazingly
pluse u get to record tv

guys i know plenty well i could get ati allinwonder, but due to my limited space, i need something that can make an ordinary computer monitor into a TV. i dont need a tuner built in, simply composite, svideo and HD would be nice but is not necessary, and i know that it wouldnt be an exact resolution match, but as long as it works, its fine

Back
Top Bottom