Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-06-2009, 07:07 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Monitor the temperature of the computer in the garage?

Some good info there.

I think most of it is for Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003? I can't find the menu options listed in the text. I'm using Windows XP Pro.

Also is it now possible to have a friend of mine access a folder, on the computer in the garage, via the internet using his laptop?

I.E. Say I want to send a large file to him. Could I save the file to the 'Idle Computer', (Garage Computer), and set his laptop up to have access to only one folder on the Garage Computer that would contain the file? File Sharing I guess...

To the Mods.

I guess this thread has turned into networking query now. If it needs to be moved to the appropriate section then please do so. Just let me know its moved.

Lenovo ThinkPad T410 - i7 620M - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 120GB SSD - 250GB 2nd drive - Intel HD 3000 GPU - 1440x900 - Windows 7/8
REMENIZ Computers
Remeniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:01 PM   #12
Site Team
Default Re: Monitor the temperature of the computer in the garage?

You could setup a FTP server. I don't know much about setting them up or accessing them, just that they are designed to do exactly what you want.

Don't take life too seriously -- no one gets out alive. Plus, who wants to arrive to the hereafter in pristine condition wearing a suit and tie?
I want to slide in sideways, worn out, used up, hair a mess, clothes tattered, & screaming, "Whooo! What a ride!"
jmacavali is offline   Reply With Quote