Monitor Questions

Dangerouz123

Baseband Member
Alright, this is a VERY VERY dumb question...

Does a monitor need drivers to work on a gaming rig:eek: (e.g like be compatible with the GPU)? because ive always had this notion of getting a monitor and hooking it up to a pc and boom you get a beautiful screen lol

ive got one of those old school monitors ( not the big fat ones ) that use the little cable that you plug into the back of your pc and twist the two screws to hold em in place...was just wondering since i dont wanna buy a new monitor to save me some money when i build my comp

ive got one of those old school monitors ( not the big fat ones ) that use the little cable that you plug into the back of your pc and twist the two screws to hold em in place...was just wondering since i dont wanna buy a new monitor to save me some money when i build my comp

I believe you are referring to a D-sub AKA VGA.
It should be plug-and-play unless it is so old that yo really would have no use for it.

yea VGA is what i ment lol, didnt know the correct name for it.. XD and this might be a different question but, today i tried to run the Windows 7 RC disk that i burned on my sisters computer, did the whole "First Boot" thingy to see if the disk was working and when i got to the installation part the screen seemed alittle big, the writting was bigger than it usually is... is that normal?

Here's a pic of two typical monitor connectors:

887418300.jpg

The white one is a DVI connector and the blue one is a standard VGA (D-sub 15) connector which is probably the one your monitor has.

when i got to the installation part the screen seemed alittle big, the writting was bigger than it usually is... is that normal?
Yup, that's normal since the installation CD isn't using the video drivers from your computer, so things look a bit big.

yea the blue one is what i have... does videocards come with an adaptor so i can hook my monitor up to it?

Back
Top Bottom