Monitor problem while playing a game

Denier-of-Soup

In Runtime
I have problems with my monitor lately. When i'm playing a game it sometimes freezes and the screen turns black, led turns orange but all is still on.

I've been looking on forums for this problem but still don't know what the problem is. is it cuz of the CPU or video card or...?? :confused:

plz help be4 i wreck my comp. :(

Try a different video card if possible, try playing games at low settings, what is the maximum supported resolution?

1280 × 1024

all was working fine be4 i got my bro's vid card because mine crashed. (probably overheated, it has no cooler) but i got the problem after a couple of days.

I have a feeling the video card is simply switching off, not being able to handle what you are doing, and so it disables the monitor in the process.

What card do you have? Any idea what the temperatures are?
Are you overclocking at all?
What games does it do it on?

maybe its the monitor that happened to my LCD monitor it will just go to stand by mode and it didnt display picture its dead

It only happens while playing on a game though. That doesn't seem like the monitors fault to me, unless while playing some games, your setting the refresh rate, or the resoloution too high for your monitor/video card.

Ati Radeon 9600 AiW and it has a cooler. My bro keeps saying it's because of the driver -_-. oh and about that 1 without cooler that was my old vid card.

it happened at the first time when i was playing vietcong and then battlefield 2, sometimes when playing Warhammer DoW WA. but also when i keep my computer on for a mmorpg game.

Denier-of-Soup said:
1280 × 1024

all was working fine be4 i got my bro's vid card because mine crashed. (probably overheated, it has no cooler) but i got the problem after a couple of days.
ok if u run any vid card without a cooler its either going to turn off or blow up, get a new one with a cooler and it will be fine

STOP! I HAVE HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM AND IT IS NONE OF WHAT HAS BEEN SUGGESTED! I will talk to you on AIM and see if it is what I think it is.

Run speed-fan and tell me what happens...just try and get into the program. And also, do you have a SATA hard drive?

Back
Top Bottom