Monitor, Please read, Need help ASAP!

FuRgy

BSOD
Hello

I had a Philips 107P monitor (not flat screen) hooked up to my computer, and I have a 3DFX Voodoo 3 graphics card. This morning I wanted to change my monitor to a flat screen one I had sitting in my bedroom....

I changed all the plugs and started it up, and everything worked fine. Apart from the resolution on my screen was 640 by 480. I tryed changing it, but the little thingy on the drag things didn't move. I tryed re-installing my graphic's card drivers, But no go....What could be the problem here....

This monitor worked fine on an old computer upstairs, and that was running a crap graphic's card.....

If oyu need anymore info please ask!

Thanks in advance

sounds like a problem in the monitor adapter.right click desktop go to properties, settings, advanced, monitor, properties, driver, update driver, specify the location of driver, or install from specific location, use don't search I will specify, uncheck the box that says show compatible hardware, choose one of the digital flat panels in a higher resolution, apply all your changes, exit display properties, relaunch again and change the display settings.

skunx710 said:
sounds like a problem in the monitor adapter.right click desktop go to properties, settings, advanced, monitor, properties, driver, update driver, specify the location of driver, or install from specific location, use don't search I will specify, uncheck the box that says show compatible hardware, choose one of the digital flat panels in a higher resolution, apply all your changes, exit display properties, relaunch again and change the display settings.

When i go to properties/settings/advanced/monitor it just says "plug and play monitor", and has no driver details...

By the way, I know the monitor is compatible with my computer, because it worked about a year ago....

Sounds to me you need to change your graphics card Voodoo 3 is an acient graphics card from the good old days when NVidia was a nothing. Oh and I don't think will find any new drivers for your graphics card because as I said before it's very old

Yes, My graphic's card is very old, But that's not the problem.....Like I said the Monitor worked fine about a year ago....Before I decided to change it

Yeah that's what I was getting at new monitor more modern might not support graphics card

No, the monitor does work with the graphics card!!!

FuRgy said:
By the way, I know the monitor is compatible with my computer, because it worked about a year ago....

Back
Top Bottom