Monitor Out of Range

DarkCarnie

Solid State Member
I have an Elements LCD monitor and I set the resolution too high and now it gives me a "Out of Range" message on the screen, I tried booting into safe mode but still I get the same error.

Ok...

While the system is in the post screens start pressing the F8 key. It will take you to a menu where you can select different ways for the system to boot up. Select last known good configuration. Let it boot up.

well...

Only other thing I can think of off hand is to hook up a crt monitor and boot up to it. CRT monitors can go higher than LCD. Adjust down the range then connect the LCD back up. I think there is other ways to get back in range but I'm brain dead at the moment.

Re: well...

setishock said:
Only other thing I can think of off hand is to hook up a crt monitor and boot up to it. CRT monitors can go higher than LCD. Adjust down the range then connect the LCD back up. I think there is other ways to get back in range but I'm brain dead at the moment.
Your display settings exceed the capabilities of the LCD monitor. You must reduce the settings. Reconnect the original monitor into the video card and reboot to Windows. Reduce the refresh rate to 60hz and reduce the resolution to 640x480 pixels.

Shut down the computer properly. Reconnect the LCD monitor back into the video card and boot the computer. You should have a picture at this time. Make your adjustments once in Windows. Refer to your user's manual for resolution settings.

(Note: be sure to turn off the computer each time the monitors are disconnected from and reconnected to the computer; make sure to secure the video cable connection using the thumb screws to secure the connectors to the video card and the back of the monitor.)

Or go here and have a look at this bit about the safe mode...

http://www.kdsusa.com/supports/faq_lcd.asp#7

Back
Top Bottom