Monitor not working

CBJ023

Baseband Member
Ok so recently my monitor hasn't been working well. On resuming from sleep or hibernate the screen would stay black and then a few minutes later would show the computer screen. There's not a 'no computer input' box before this which it usually gets right after I turn off the computer. The blue power LED flashes instead of being yellow which means the monitor isn't sleeping but for some reason won't display the screen. I've replaced the power and vga cable (Its a old monitor it could just be broken but I want to be sure it isn't something else) the vga cable connects to a DVI-VGA adapter coming off the GPU. I can't test the monitor through the motherboard's VGA slot because it doesn't have one. Also even when the computer was disconnected from the monitor the blue LED was flashing blue which before this I've never seen it do, and now after getting back from vacation the monitor won't work even on start-up and after 10 minutes hadn't shown the computer screen.

Well its not going into sleep mode, the light turns yellow when it sleeps, and it says no input. Now the screen is just black, and the monitor is unresponsive, the buttons don't seem to do anything, I'm not sure if the monitor screen is even lit. The power button doesn't just click off either I have to hold it for a few seconds.

The easiest way to solve a problem is by examining it one factor at a time, ceteris paribus and all that. At the moment the most apparent problem is that the monitor is ... well, dead. Are you sure you cannot find a friend's computer or a work computer or even your neighbour's computer to try out the monitor?

No, neighbor moved, I figure I'll just get a new monitor, I needed one anyway and have known for months which one I want, I'll also be replacing the HDD and moving to Win 7 or 8 (I had to use Vista)

Back
Top Bottom