Monitor not showing anything

dynoman

Baseband Member
I started my other computer this morning and xp loaded easily and stuff. When it got into the log in screen for the accounts the screen goes black as if the pc is not detecting a monitor can anyone help? BTW my other computer is an hp and its using a hp monitor.

have u tried connecting this monitor to another system?
have you tried connecting another monitor to this system?
Can you try logging in without the screen? See if the system boots by hearing the HDD, and the normal running sounds. If the system seems to load up, then it is probably a graphical issue.

However, from what it appears, my 1st guess wld be something is wrong with your windows. A file is corrupted or HDD is failing. But that is my guess.....

I would try booting into safe mode (taping the F8 key just before the Windows loading bar) and see if you can login...once logged in I would uninstall and reinstall your graphics drivers and see if that helps..

Matt

Yep, try what matty suggested, definately sounds driver related, have you updated them recently?

hmm..... never seen a driver problem causing the screen to go completely blank before. Usually, the resolution will just be bad, but seldom goes completely blank. At least that is from my experience.... but i guess everyone has different experiences

Well the fact that the monitor is on right untill the point where the drivers kick in for windows would suggest a driver related problem, there are far more driver issues than bad resolution.:)

dyno is there n e chance your from uk and milton keynes ??/

m8 aunty pc jus had exactly the same problem

its scott.

lol

Back
Top Bottom