Monitor Not connecting fully

Stiffler1470

In Runtime
Ok, i have an HP desktop a250y. I put in a dedicated ATI video card a while back. It worked for 2 years. Then, all of the sudden, when i plug in my monitor to the back of the PC, it wont fully connect and wont show a picture. The monitor recognizes the PC because a yellow light turns on that its connecting to something. It is suppose to turn blue to show a picture. But now, it wont work. I tried unplugging everything, i took out the video card, clean it all, made sure it was securely placed in. It worked at first when i took out the card, but when i turned turned it off to connect everything back and put the side plate back on, it doesn't connect again. It's not the monitor i know that. Sorry if this is kind of vague but i need help asap.
Thanks!

Not too sure, sounds like a loose connection. I used to have a shitty gpu that I had to reseat every once in a while because my screen would turn black. Maybe try wiggling the monitor cable or applying some pressure to the card while it is turned on. Have you tested the monitor on another comp/gpu to make sure it's not the monitor cable/connectors?

I've had that problem. Once it was the monitor, the other time, it was my new LCD not working with the geforce 256 for some reason, even though the old CRT worked with it.

Back
Top Bottom