Monitor is not booting

Codys

Beta member
I just made my first computer, but as I went to boot it all of the fans came on, except for my front intake fan, but the monitor did not receive a signal from my graphics card. The graphics card has a red light that comes on immediately following when I turn the power supply on. Just looking for some points.

Thanks

I had a problem like this once, try resetting your CMOS by removing the battery on powering up with jumpers set to clear. Also, you might have to go into the BIOS using your onboard VGA and manually tell it that PCI-E is your main video output.

Did you wear an ESD strap when building your computer? If not there is a chance you've damaged the motherboard or video card.

Before getting excited and thinking the worst, make sure you haven't missed connecting any power connections to the motherboard. This is a pretty common problem with new builds.

Are you sure your power supply is adequate? You might want to post the specs of your build.

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3
Hard Drive: Barracuda 2 TB 5900 RPM
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz
Ram: 8GB G.Skill Ripsaw series
Graphics Card: Asus HD 6870
Power Supply: OCZ 550 Watt Modular

I was told previously that my power supply may not be enough.

a shitty 550W probably wouldn't be enough, but an OCZ 550W should be plenty.

Something somewhere is installed wrong and it's failing POST, happens all the time with new builds. Do you have a motherboard speaker installed? if so, i'm betting it doesnt give the single-beep on start up.

Back
Top Bottom