monitor issues....

Open that sucker up! Like foothead said, it's probably the inverter. Just be careful of the high voltages :)

I also have the same display at work.

yea i am this weekend i think im going to borrow a multimeter....how do i use it?
i no basics about current thats about it

yea i am this weekend i think im going to borrow a multimeter....how do i use it?
i no basics about current thats about it

twist the knob, poke around :p

Oh, and if you drop one of the prongs, do NOT clamp your knees together to catch it. Friend did that once :eek:

Anyhow, find out what the voltage should be, then test across those pins and see what it actually is. You're gonna want the DC setting. An oscilloscope could be useful here, but you most likely won't need it. Also might want to just test for continuity. It sort of depends on what you're testing though.

I don't know if your desktop just has a red color or it has a red tint to it because of the backlight. If it's the backlight causing the red color it's the backlights that are going out. I've seen it before. If you want to fix it yourself, the easiest way is to get on ebay and find a monitor of the same model with a broken screen or something and then switch out the backlights. You can usually get an AS IS monitor on ebay for $15-$30 depending on the amount of bids on it.

Back
Top Bottom