Monitor/Graphics Card Problem

zlashed

Baseband Member
The graphics card for my new build is a GeForce 8800 GTX. Im having problems successfully connecting it to my monitor. It only has DVI-D compatibility, while my old graphics card used HD15. I plugged the DVI cable into my monitor and into the card, but the screen flashed and blinked all over. I checked connections and everything, it still was messed. I then just installed my old gfx card and used the HD15. IF anyone knows a way to fix the screen problems, please help. Thanks. Here are my other important specs:

G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor Model BX80562Q6600

Hmm. . .
Make sure the card is fully seated in the first PCIe slot and the 6 pin power plug is attached. What monitor are you using?

You could set the monitor resolution down to something like 800x600 with the old card. Uninstall the drivers, remove the card and then replace it with the 8800GTX. Reboot and install the latest drivers from Nvidia.

Um cobra,
He has an Nvidia 8800GTX and an EVGA NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI motherboard. The ATI Catalyst drivers you linked to are completely wrong for his setup.

Please think before you post. :D

The monitor I am using is an about 1 1/2 year old flat panel Sony 19". I don't think you can find it anymore and i don't know the specifics of it.

I installed the new drivers for the 8800. The screen was still messed up with some occasional flashing and jumping. I also noticed small pink spots on certain areas of the screen. I put the resolution down and the spots and flashing disappeared. But then as soon as I put it back up, more flashing and more spots. Any more ideas? I am becoming desperate.

It almost sounds like a bad video card. What resolution do you have it at that gets the artifacts?

Most LCD monitors have a default resolution that they are designed to run at.

800 X 600 keeps it stable. I have always run this monitor at 1280 X 1024 with the old card and it worked fine. But now at 1280 X 1024 it gets the spots and flashing.

eww that shouldn't be happening at that resolution. If you haven't done so already, try just taking out the video card and put it right back in.

Back
Top Bottom