monitor electrical interference

GRamirez

Baseband Member
Every time I turn on my television the picture on my monitor shakes. This only happens when the television is first turned on. When my electric speakers were close to my monitor there was a wavy pattern but i fixed that by moving the speakers away. I know this is some kind of electrical interference. I've been paranoid and haven't turned on the television when I'm using the computer for fear of breaking it but can anyone tell me wether this can actually break my monitor?

GRamirez said:
Every time I turn on my television the picture on my monitor shakes. This only happens when the television is first turned on. When my electric speakers were close to my monitor there was a wavy pattern but i fixed that by moving the speakers away. I know this is some kind of electrical interference. I've been paranoid and haven't turned on the television when I'm using the computer for fear of breaking it but can anyone tell me wether this can actually break my monitor?
=====
Yes too many thing on the same circuit can be your problem.
First ?'s and we go from there.Is your fridge or any other intermintent device on the same circut as your PC or TV ?
This is a NO NO.
:eek:
2.Do you mean powered PC speakers ?
3.You should have at least 4 wall plugs and a couple of power bars.

monitor

I'm not sure what your talking about with the power circuit but my computer is connected to a apc uninteruptted power supply. And why is it such a big no no, what will it do?

bluto said:
=====
Yes too many thing on the same circuit can be your problem.
First ?'s and we go from there.Is your fridge or any other intermintent device on the same circut as your PC or TV ?
This is a NO NO.
2.Do you mean powered PC speakers ?
3.You should have at least 4 wall plugs and a couple of power bars.
Read this again,call an Electric man.

uninteruptted power supply
:mad:
This doesn't address everyday use wich seems to be your problem.

Power outage is rare.so why include it ?
:rolleyes:

monitor

yes, i did mean powered speakers. i do have 4 wall plugs. but just to be safe, what is so bad, what can happen and shouldn't my ups protect me. So isn't more the elctromagnetic interference and not the power?

Re: monitor

GRamirez said:
yes, i did mean powered speakers. i do have 4 wall plugs. but just to be safe, what is so bad, what can happen and shouldn't my ups protect me. So isn't more the elctromagnetic interference and not the power?

No UPS is for local power failures,so you revert to "battery power"
Is this what you have ?
The day to day useage has nothing to do with this problem.
I think you are useing a Refrigeator etc circuit for your PC Switch off the fridge breaker and see.

GRamirez said:
Why don't you just move it all away?

Thats right

You have too much on the same circuit (wallplug)
If the kids want to watch tv while Dads dropping by here than you might need an electrician to sort this out,or do 1 at a time.
:D

Back
Top Bottom